Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Technical Service Delivery Manager - Food
Home based - London, South East or Scotland
We are looking for a Technical Service Delivery Manager to join us in delivering best in class services in the food sector. Working closely with one of our key accounts, this role will lead the service delivery of the food safety and H&S service for a leading contract food catering organisation.
You will manage delivery of the service day to day, while also delivering work on the account. You will be the first line of defence on the technical helpdesk providing support and advice, provide the primary point of contact for clients and lead and support project work. In addition to undertaking remote and where required on-site inspections, H&S audits, food complaint investigations, incident investigations and risk assessments.
This is primarily a home based role, though will involve a degree of site visits when needed.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Responsibilities will include
- Managing the day-to-day service delivery, including co-ordinating the ad-hoc and planned work, distributing the work across the team and monitoring delivery aligned to agreed timescales, KPI's and SLA's
- Being the primary point of contact for clients, including work requests, status updates and queries, delivering best in class client management and relationship building.
- Being the first line of defence on the Technical Helpdesk, triaging support requests, incidents, food complaints and other requests
- Allocating and co-ordinating work cross the team
- Escalation of issues to the management team and/or client as required
- Provision of periodic reports and data analysis
- Co-ordinating the Audit and regular inspection programme
- Manage all aspects of the client related workload across Bureau Veritas divisions, including Corporate Social Responsibility and Construction Design Management
- Ensure monthly invoices are issued within SLA; in line with process requirements, and verify collection with Credit Control
- Provide remote support and occasional site support for food safety and Health & Safety Management System activities
- Write risk assessments, safe system of work, client specific policies, reports, work instructions and method statements where necessary for a wide range of Food Safety and Health and Safety matters
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis
- Investigate, produce reports and response letters for incident events including food complaints, allergic reactions and accidents (including RIDDOR level incidents).
- Supporting the safe running of, and management of food safety at events.
- Deliver professional and competent health and safety and food safety advice to clients.
- Participate in the out of hour's on-call rota to provide technical advice and take action as required
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering, Level 2 Foundation Certificate in HACCP and Level 3 Intermediate Occupational Health and Safety
- Environmental Health Degree (preferred)
- ACIEH and Tech IOSH
- Experience overseeing Food Safety and Health and Safety in the Contract Catering and Corporate Office environment
- Service delivery experience
- Experience ensuring compliance to Food Safety and Health & Safety Legislative requirements, including site inspections and auditing
- Ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Experience with Food Safety Investigations and Complaints, accident and incident investigations and reports
- Report writing and presentation
- Customer/service delivery focused
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Use of bespoke online databases
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.