Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology, with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
Canrig Drilling Technology is seeking an experienced Engine Field Service Technician. Technicians are responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of company heavy equipment. Depending on the location and assignment, the technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge are necessary for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Include the following and other duties as assigned:
• Assist higher level technicians, as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
• Schedule work flow for continuing daily progress.
• Inspect all equipment used and perform preventative maintenance checks and service and notify supervisors of required repairs.
• Promote a safe and quality environment in which to work.
• Work overtime as required to meet customer drilling schedules.
• Assist in trouble shooting using multi meters, amp probes, meggers and other devices
• Extensive travel to customer locations
• Provide shop technical experience and techniques to other areas of the company as needed.
• Maintain and complete documentation including detailed Service and Expense Reports.
• Visit drilling rigs operating within the technician's geographic regions.
• Comply with and participate in company safety and quality programs.
• Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful in the use of these tools.
• Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts.
• Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
• Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
• Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order
• Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components.
• Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components.
• Prepares, inspects and operates machines prior to delivery to rig locations.
• Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
• Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
• Always maintain a professional and proper personal appearance adhering to company policy.
• Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Attend all Canrig required scheduled training classes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform the job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Please note that reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The requirements representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required are listed below:
Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and trade/technical school diploma or 5 years related experience in any one of the following our vocations: Mechanical, Electrical, Drilling Systems or Electronics.
Language Skills - Must be fluent in English, and possess the following abilities: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to write simple correspondence, to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills - Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Posses the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - General knowledge of word processing software and email messaging, and an all around general knowledge of computers operations.
Experience - 5 years of experience working on the following equipment (C15, C18, 3512 & 3516 Tier 1, 2, and 4 engines along with other smaller diesel powered engines).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
• Associates Degree or advanced training
• Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make d ecisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Walking or standing for long periods of time
• Bending or stooping
• Climbing stairs and/or ladders
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Use of hand tools
• Operating a vehicle
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs