Skills: Document Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Document Controller for a 1 ½ year contract in Calgary AB.
Our client aspires to implement project execution processes and systems that will position it as an oil and gas industry leader. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the company's project and thus to the success of the project and technical integrity of the operating Asset by working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, and defined IM procedures, standards and KPIs.
To this end the Document Controller will support all aspects of Document Control within the company:
The Document Controller shall:
- Receive/Load and distribute documents received by the EPC Contractor via the SmartPlant Foundation document management tool.
- Ensure all documents submissions by the Contractor adhere to the Company specifications
- Process all incoming and outgoing documents in according to the establish SLA's
- Assist in maintaining and up to date the Document Distribution Matrix
- Assist the engineering community with any queries may arise.
This position is for a Document Controller within the venture IMIT team, which reports to the IM Manager. Additional dimensions include:
- Our client is a pathfinding project with data-centric handover strategy, plans, and specifications defined as part of the EPC contract; the challenge is to deliver on and enable value to project and asset through this novel approach;
- Work in a non-operated standalone venture leveraging IMIT services and solutions by others. The IMIT team is streamlined and optimized to support and deliver on all the sub-project, corporate venture, and Asset team requirements (including operational sustainable IMIT organization). This IMIT team spans multiple locations and leverages transactional capability in high value centers;
- Leverage digitalization, agile, and outcome-based delivery to continually improve and enable business value;
- Working, and effectively communicating, in a highly virtualized environment in a geographically diverse and multicultural team. Flexible working hours is a requirement;
- Multiple project components making up the transition to the asset team;
- Ability to work in a fast moving, rapidly changing and dynamic environment of a major Capital Project; and
- Help champion the successful use novelties (SPO/SPF, SP engineering).
- Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes within project teams (desirable).
- Records Management principles and implementation methods.
- Experience working with SmartPlant Foundation, or similar, as an information management (document, data) management tool.
Other Document control and document management systems as well as in using (at least some of) project reporting software such as Crystal, Business Objects, MS Access, and Excel (desirable).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.