United States of America - Arizona, PhoenixJob Summary
Are you ready to work with and build your career with a recognized world-wide leader in the Transportation / Civil Engineering work space? Are you ready to put your highway design abilities to work on marquee transportation and infrastructure design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community?
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Highway Engineer for immediate employment in Phoenix, Arizona. The appropriately qualified applicant should be able to demonstrate an establish career in civil design including roadway. his position will be responsible for assisting Project Managers with planning, designing, and overseeing civil engineering projects involving highways, surface drainage, and utilities infrastructure.
In this role, the Senior Civil Engineer responsibilities include:
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
BA / BS + 6 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and / or educationPreferred Qualifications
15+ years of previous design experience on transportation projects including Schematic Development and Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E)
What We Offer
- PE in the state of Arizona, Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to attain reciprocity or obtain within 6 months of hire (if EIT)
- Design experience in highway/roadway systems, drainage, along with site civil in municipal and transit projects
- Experience with design software including MicroStation and GEOPAK and/or ProjectWise and OpenRoads highly preferred.
- Familiar MS Office 2010 software (Excel, Word, Project)
- Experience with Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E)
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Transportation - Roads + HighwaysBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.