Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Surveying
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bristol/ South West , United Kingdom
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Junior Consultant
Location: Field based (Bristol/ South West)
As a global leader in testing, inspection and certification services, Bureau Veritas supports clients in providing services to a whole host of industry sectors which include Financial Services, Retail, and Construction all across the globe.
As a result of on-going success and a genuine desire to grow our business we are looking for enthusiastic people who wish to join our team as trainee consultants with a desire to put their skills and experience to better use.
The role of the Junior Consultant is to offer a combined visit approach to our clients in performing legionella risk assessments, asbestos re-inspections, fire risk reviews and other core services in one single visit.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
- Risk assessments and audits of building water systems for the control of legionellosis including auditing of site records.
- Carry out water hygiene monitoring, including the completion of site logbooks
- Conduct asbestos re-inspections, management surveys and basic refurbishment surveys
- Carry out fire risk assessments reviews
- Produce draft schematic drawings of building water systems for submission to the CAD team.
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis.
- Arrange and carry out all work to meet with agreed Company & client timescales.
- Liaise with project managers and account managers in relation to work under their control.
- Deploy in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Management System and divisional methods and procedures.
- Working closely with the centralised planning team to ensure work is being effectively scheduled and carried out.
- To contribute to responses to requests for client work and proposals
Experience & Skills preferred
- Experienced in the organisation and planning of personal work load
- A background knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- H&S Experience
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
- GCSE or equivalent
- Degree in related area preferable
- Full UK Driving License is Essential
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.