Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
As Nabors continues to improve our operational performance through innovative techniques, the QHSE Excellence Specialist is responsible for continually evaluating Nabors performance as it relates to quality (service & material), health, safety and environmental practices. This will be achieved through the use of analytics, systems management, project leadership and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually evaluating the effectiveness of the company's QHSE processes and systems by analyzing performance across Areas to highlight improvement opportunities and share lessons learned as required.
- Generation of regular reports to management on the effectiveness of QHSEs policies and procedures (Bluebook, Area KPIs, General QHSE KPIs, etc.)
- Identify global quality gaps in service levels or manufactured products. Prepare and recommend solutions to close identified gaps.
- Drive the implementation and execution of QHSE initiatives with district and/or operator(s)
- Make recommendations for improvement to help drive quality assurance
- Assist operations, QHSE and operator(s) with special projects as needed
- As required, works with leadership to analyze and create presentations to be presented to executives and/or clients
- Liaise with client QHSE professionals on the implementation of QHSE requirements
- Assist with other duties and projects as required
- Execution of administrative activities pertaining to QHSE department
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in business management, quality or engineering - petroleum, mechanical, or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role.
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyze and understand trends in large amount of data
- Understanding of oil and gas industry
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office products, with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint (able to create executive level presentations)
- Must be proficient in excel charting, graphing, formula; write basic macros codes and analysis functions.
- Ability to travel to various Nabors locations
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Safety certifications preferred
- Working understanding of lean principals
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Self-motivated & energetic
- Good business judgment in handling potentially sensitive information
- Can spot problems quickly and find the underlying causes so changes can be made
- Demonstrates good critical thinking - once problems are identified, improvements must be found and may require the ability to think about a process, procedure or problem in a completely new way.
- Must be able to relay potentially complex ideas to a wide range of audiences - both in personal consultations but also through company SOPs and quality documentation
- Commitment to continuous improvement in Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment (QHSE).
- Can work well independently, but also in close coordinate with a team
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build productive relationships.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
- Able to work at other off-site locations, as needed
- 5-10% travel required
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs