Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Considered a senior and seasoned practitioner.
- Works on complex technological solutions. Solving issues and developing new solutions require usage of methods and approaches with some precedence.
- Has authority in the network of experts and in project teams.
- Presents product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) across GE.
- Provides inputs and influences decisions within own discipline and area.
- Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization organization and with with cross-functional partner organizations.
- Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in valve design
- Experience working with SolidWorks, FEA and/or CFD
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.