The Nexus Controls Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing and motivating the cross-functional project team working on turbine controls.Responsibilities:
- Achieving on-time, on-budget and on-quality level of performance while delivering end-to-end projects that provide exceptional execution performance.
- Acting as a primary customer contact for the duration of each project from purchase order receipt through commissioning; resolving specification issues; handling correspondence; providing periodic updates; ensuring customer satisfaction; negotiating with for customer-requested changes (price and delivery); arranging witness tests; managing contract and terms; collecting accounts receivables and closing out projects.
- Managing and reporting all financial aspects of the project including budgets, costs, margin, invoicing, and receivable collection while promoting change orders and providing estimate-at-completion forecasts.
- Developing and maintaining project schedule and critical control points through collaboration across all functions on major milestones and task completion dates.
- Directing and administering project-related activities using QMS procedures.
- Facilitating project closeouts, pre-mortem discussions and Project Review meetings.
- Providing daily engagement. leadership and direction to other functions within the project team to ensure an alignment on project goals and deliverables for project success.
- Implementing continuous improvement for processes impacting the organization by developing and suggesting enhancements while maintaining productivity and efficiency.
- Monitoring project progress closely to update key stakeholders including identification and timely communication of project risks to management teams.
- Influence decision making and problem solving across cross-functional teamsto develop an inclusive win-win solution for customer and the organization.
- Understanding key manufacturing, supply chain and engineering processes with a strong background in turbine and generator control technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- 8+ years demonstrated ability to manage multiple (>10) projects simultaneously.
- Travel up to 50% of the time for kick-off meetings, close out meetings and witness tests.
- Project management professional certification (PMP)
- 5+ years' experience in controls and/or turbines
- 8+ years experience in project management or customer-facing roles
- SAP Enterprise Software experience
- Excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, appreciates challenges
- Flexible, continuous learner, willing to share knowledge and experience
- Strong presentation skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple projects effectively
- Comfortable and effective working in new areas that require rapid problem solving
- Experience working with global supply chain teams
- Demonstrates initiative to explore alternate approaches to solving problems
: Preferred location Longmont, Colorado, opened to other locations in the USA.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.