Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Marion, Indiana, United States
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To calibrate/strap (measure) upright cylindrical tanks, horizontal, spheres, trucks, barges, ships, by various methods in accordance with API Standards.
- Perform pipeline surveys.
- Perform checks to determine accuracy of measuring equipment.
- Inspects equipment visually for obvious defects.
- Maintain equipment calibrations.
- Become familiarized and knowledgeable on electronic calibration equipment.
- Minimal knowledge of Microsoft office and Excel for use in import data for review and submission for chart generation.
- Record all measurements on appropriate field reports.
- Coordinate with customers in scheduling appointments.
- Exercise safety requirements specified in Saybolt's Global Safety Manual.
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical, and gas inspection, including Right-to-Know training.
To perform this job\r\nsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty\r\nsatisfactorily. The requirements listed\r\nbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to\r\nenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work overtime when necessary. Overnight travel involved.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school education or\r\nequivalent with mathematics emphasis. Experience helpful but not\r\nrequired in the use of measuring equipment (i.e. Leica Total station, Rotating\r\nLaser Level, Leica Distometer, engineers' level, theodolite, strapping tapes,\r\ntape measure, surveyors' rods, etc.). Organizational skills: file management,\r\nclerical, records keeping. Requires good\r\ncommunication skills and ability to work well with others in a TEAM\r\nenvironment.
Ability to read and interpret\r\ndocuments such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and\r\nprocedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all\r\nunits of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to convert FT-IN\r\ninto metric units.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out\r\ndetailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few\r\nconcrete variables in standardized situations.
Interacting and communicating with job site personnel,\r\nclients and vessel personnel in a proper professional and business-like manner\r\nat all times.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of\r\nthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential\r\nfunctions of this job. Reasonable\r\naccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform\r\nthe essential functions.
- Frequent climbing of tanks or other structures and frequent entry of confined spaces.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are\r\nrepresentative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential\r\nfunctions of this job. Reasonable\r\naccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform\r\nthe essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.