Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
Department: Operations Engineering - Maintenance
Location : KL Office
The Associate Engineer provides support to the Operations Engineering Maintenance team and is to deliver the following key objectives:
Responsible for input to, liaising, and coordinating with the Procurement Department & Legal Department for maintenance-related procurement activities. Liaise with Petronas / Partners on maintenance-related procurement activities.
Review all operations related internal/external tender documents from Supply Chain Management (SCM) Section.
Coordinate & provide input for maintenance-related tender activities, i.e. Contracting Strategy (CS), Scope of Work (SOW), Tender Plan (TP), Commercial Modelling, Technical & Commercial Evaluation Criteria, Technical Evaluation, Technical Clarifications, Budget Estimates, etc.
Provide contract & procurement input on process and advise to contract holders including assist to solve post award contract matter with contractor.
Participate in Company technical review meeting and provide input and seek management approval.
Assists Contracts Specialist managing all Maintenance contracts.
Manage and Administer Contract activities, comprising:
Monitor Actual Spend vs. Approved Contract Value (ACV): Assist SCM Section by providing technical / commercial justifications for ACV under-runs / over-runs.
Monitor work forecasts vs. available ACV for any necessary action(s). Reconcile PO vs. Actual Spend.
Monitor deviation to contract work scopes.
Raises Change of Contracts requests and Sourcing Resource Forms.
Provide support & information to Maintenance team (Rotating Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Electrical Engineers, etc.) for all Maintenance contracts, e.g. Contract provisions & scope, exposures, etc.
Assist in the development and implementation, and thereafter maintenance, of a contract management process for the Maintenance including defining KPIs and performance targets.
Maintain updated records of all maintenance contracts key information, e.g. weekly highlights to the team.
Assist Company representative to coordinate meeting with contractors.
Interface Coordination: provide relevant feedback / input to Maintenance Contractors, such as performance, quality, etc.
Regularly reports Contractor per (HSE, Cost, Time / Schedule, Quality, etc.) to the Maintenance team and the SCM Section.
- To support Operations Engineering in the execution of the department's work scopes.
- To coordinate and input to the SCM Section for all Maintenance-related procurement activities.
- To review all tender plan, T&C, SOW, commercial & contract administration of tender documents.
- Monitor PO / Actual Spend / ACV for Operations Contracts.
2. Key Authorities
- Interface with Projects, Operations, Logistics to ensure smooth execution on the contracts. Ensure all activities comply with all Company, Petronas, and Government requirements and regulations as applicable.
3. Safety Responsibilities
- Full compliance with SSHE policy and guidelines.
- Terms and conditions of contracts must include these SSHE Policy requirements.
4. Working Relationship
- All SCM team personnel.
- Maintenance, Production, Development & Logistic personnel. Petronas / Partners.
5. Qualifications / Minimum Experience
- University Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with Oil & Gas Exploration & production company.
- Minimum 3 years Operations Engineering (Maintenance, Facilities and /or Production Engineering).
- Comprehension of procurement processes and governance Strong computer literacy, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong teamwork skills.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.