Skills: Project Controls, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Budapest, Hungary
From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp's Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world's need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions - providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Procurement function Team and advance your career as a
Category Sourcing Specialist, Indirect categories
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this, they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp's defined functional vision and location strategy.
Our purpose is to reimagine energy for people and our planet. This will frame our thinking, our activities, our interactions - everything.
In this role You will:
- Act as a GBS expert in the given category towards GBS, PSCM and Business stakeholders
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of various spend & complexity levels with full ownership throughout the project life span
- Ensure that the business requirements are properly addressed and proactively influence demand (demand mgmt.) where possible
- Develop Sourcing strategy incl. scenarios & options in accordance with the respective Category strategy / guidance
- Define source selection criteria and coordinate the supplier selection process
- Define negotiation strategy, negotiate and agree on relevant contract terms (potentially beyond price) with suppliers
- Define the contracting approach, develop and modify contract content based on templates and manage the end-to-end contracting cycle followed by contract operationalization in the respective system(s)
- Ensure the respective contracts are fit-for-purpose and kept up to date during their validity period
- Generate reports (status, summary etc.) and analyse data depending on the project requirements
- Take an innovative approach and support/lead continuous process improvement initiatives
We have the following requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant sourcing experience, gained preferably in a multinational environment
- 3+ years indirect (IT, HR, property, professional services, property/facility, event management) category specific experience
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience is required
- Fluency in English
- Portuguese language knowledge is an advantage, but not essential
- Procurement related professional certification is an advantage
- Previous experience in the Oil industry is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of navigating the supply market and supplier selection
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end Procurement process
- Strategic thinking and ability to define sourcing strategies
- Experience with contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Experience on category management and/or category strategy development is an advantage
- Experience working in an Ariba / Salesforce system environment is an advantage
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
- Ability to provide professional guidance and mentor junior team members
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement