Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
At Jacobs, you'll work for a company that strives to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow and thrive. You will also have the opportunity enhance quality of life via the work you do to facilitate the approval of key infrastructure projects.
As a Project Planner based in the Pacific Northwest, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of siting and permitting projects associated with private and public capital investments. Examples include renewable energy, electric transmission, buildings, roads, and other infrastructure. The focus of the role is to support the technical development/authorship of permit applications with a focus on local land use and state level project applications. In addition, the Project Planner will have the opportunity to support a variety of environmentally focused permits. You will be challenged to identify ways to enhance efficiency and innovation in the delivery of our projects to clients and encouraged to promote Jacobs delivery successes in internal and external venues.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelors Degree in Environmental Studies, Urban, Regional, or Environmental Land Use Planning or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in land use planning and permitting
• Experience with land use applications (such as Conditional Use Permit applications), environmental impact assessments, and other local, state, and federal permit applications in Oregon and Washington
• Knowledge of Oregon and Washington land use systems
• Experience providing written findings of fact for permit application support
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Masters Degree in related subject matter
• Active engagement in professional organizations