Requisition ID: 230767 Requisition Posting End Date: 11/14/2020 Project Overview
This position is for an aviation prospectin Ireland. The project has not been awarded yet and offers will be extended post project award.Bechtel will be working in an integratedteam with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Planof circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.Role Overview
The Project Managerwill act as the Client'srepresentative, taking responsibility for managing the project from planning and design through to the successful completion and commissioning. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering the project to time, budget and specification, ensuring the project achieves all project goals and objectives in accordance with theClient's requirements.Main Responsibilities
- Oversee and monitor the delivery of the project around schedule, interface, cost, variations, contract and risk.
- Develop the Project Execution Plan, ensuring the project is aligned to and delivers in accordance with theClient's standards and methods.
- Lead the coordination of the projectensuringinterfaces are considered and addressed at all stages of the projectlifecycle.
- Work with technical teams in coordinating and managing the design consultantsandother external service providers.
- Be responsible forthe project risk register andperiodic reporting on progress throughout the project lifecycle.
- Apply performance management techniques and look for opportunitiesto improve Performance Management processes and procedures.
- Managethe change controland compensation event process.
- Managethe flow of project information betweenstakeholders.
- Review and acceptprogrammesubmissions.
Basic and Preferred Experience
- Communicate and issue documents as required by the ECCcontractand perform any other duties as stated in the contract.
- Minimum 10years experiencein the Construction / Infrastructure sector, working onprojects of a similar scale,including relevant aviationexperience.
- Understanding of operating in a live airportenvironment.
- Tangible experience ofdeveloping and implementing constructionproject management policies and standards.
- Track record of delivering construction/asset delivery projects to time and within allocated budget.
- Knowledge of operating as a client's project manager
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levelsof anorganization,influencing the improvement of process and guidance to support project delivery.
- Ability tomotivate andmanagea multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of NEC and FIDIC suite of contracts.
- Planning capability and ability to useOracle Primavera 6scheduling system.
- Ability tobe a decision makerand demonstrate logic.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE HAS NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- University degreein Project Management or an Engineering Degree preferred
- PRICE2 or Equivalent
- Professional membership to a relevant institution preferred (RICS, CIOB, APM etc.)
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.