Requisition ID: 230629 Requisition Posting End Date: 11/14/2020 Project Overview
This position is for an aviation prospectin Ireland. The project has not been awarded yet and offers will be extended post project award.Bechtel will be working in an integratedteam with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Planof circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.RoleOverview
The Technical Lead shall be responsible forco-ordinatingthe work of design teamsandconsultants.TheTechnical Leadshall contributeto theoverall planningof their respectiveprogrammeand bedirectly responsible for planning, programming, controlling and delivering its design content.MainResponsibilities
- Preparation of design execution plan of work in line withtheprocurement strategy,covering all stages of the programme delivery from inception to completion.
- Supportwith the planning,integration andexecution ofBIM withinthe InfrastructureDepartment's Portfolio in accordance with ISO 19650 standard.
- Advise on thecoordination, development and management ofdesign procurement.
- Formulating targets for the design team.
- Assist inthe development of the HSSE plan.
- Monitor, support and execute thedesign verification strategy.
- Continuous identification and implementation of Lean practices.
- Monitor and managedesign change in accordance with the Client'sdesignchange management procedure.
- Reporting and monitor design non-compliances, progress and risk.
- Administer thecertification process as executed by the Design Certifier and Assigned Certifier in relation to the Irish Building Regulations (BCAR).
- Ensurethat the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) Standards Consultation documentationhas beenprepared to reflect all aspects of the project including any temporary or interim adjustments to aerodrome facilities in accordance with the Client's procedures.
- Ensurethat the design component of the Safety File has been finalised and issued for the project in accordance with the Client's Handover and Completion Procedure
- Reviewand acceptAs-Built drawings and designs in accordance with the Client's Handover and Completion Procedure.
- 15+ years of technical experience
- Experience of working on major Civil/Building works projects in the aviation/transportation sector
- Knowledge of NEC and FIDIC suite of contracts
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to senior/advance level.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Able to prepare technical reports and presentations
- An ability to work effectively in a team environment
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE HAS NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Bachelordegree in civil engineeringor equivalent
- Chartered memberof a relevant professional body preferred
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.