Requisition ID: 230892
- Relocation Authorized: Limited (e.g. Development Assignment)
- Project No.: 00000 - Non Project
- Grade: Z
- Posting End Date:
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? [[cust_panelInterview]]
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries.
Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our
customers and our business. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest
based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student
IS&T interns will utilize enterprise level information management systems and practices to proactively respond to challenges at a global scale. They will also work with industry information management systems to coordinate a best in class response to computer-related incidents. There is a world of opportunities for people in IS&T at Bechtel with a working knowledge of basic networking concepts.
The Information Systems and Technology organization hires interns in the following areas: Infrastructure, Systems Engineering, Information Security, Software Engineering/Development, Big Data Analytics, Information Management, and in other areas of support for our Corporate Systems. These areas all play an important role within our organization and are essential to the sharing of information and data collection amongst our employers, clients, and partners towards achieving our company's business goals and objectives.
Each year, we hire numerous IS&T Interns. The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will v ar y b ased on pro j ect needs , and ma y include Houston , T X , G lendale , AZ, and R eston , V A , alon g with v arious pro j ect sites .
General Job Duties
Interns may be responsible for:
- Monitoring alerts and events utilizing monitoring tools and providing day-to-day security reports on
- monitored activities;
- Compiling reports;
- Analyzing data and building dashboards, etc.;
- Data collection, analysis, and data cleansing;
- Developing Web and/or mobile applications;
- Managing and resolving security and networking operations tickets in a timely fashion; and
- Troubleshooting and resolving operating systems issues.
Bechtel's internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science, Information
- Technology, Computer Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering,
- or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
- Windows 10 and videoconferencing
- Education focus in the Data Science, Engineering, or Computer Science. (BIM
- Software development experience in .net, Java, Java Script, Python, PHP, Ruby, VB, C, C++ or similar
- Knowledge of scripting / Programming (SQL, C#, VB, C++ etc.)
- Design and development of business intelligence and data analytical tools like QlikView / Sense, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and other visualizations tools
- Database Design / Administration and SQL programming for Oracle / SQL Server
- Scheduled tasks / batch jobs /Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes
- Strong MS Excel Skills / Excel output & load to Oracle / SQL Server
- Microsoft's SSRS, SharePoint etc. a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write complex reports in Excel, MS Access or other software
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Preferred Qualifications
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills