Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Camp Araijan, Kuwait
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) management professional to support the 160th Signal Brigade's Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications in Southwest Asia and Central Asia (OMDAC-SWACA) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables 160th Signal Brigade to fulfill its mission to support of the US Army Central (ARCENT) and U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) mission for their areas of responsibility and to defend the United States and its allies. As a member of our team, you will support Team Jacobs as we partner with military and civilian members to provide world-class IT & Cyber services and support that connects over 80,000 users and warfighters in the areas of network services, cyber security, end-user computing, service desk, and enterprise & mission systems across the Southwest Asia and Central Asia AORs.
"Experience in conducting performance audits, measurements and assessments, building processes, and leading teams through a Continual Service Improvement initiatives.
• Monitors and instructs team members on proper procedures to ensure team compliance.
• Reports Quality metrics and Test results to senior leaders and managers on a routine basis (as determined by the quality program)
• Oversees the development and implementation of test processes, practice and standards for key IT Support function on the EOM contract.
• Oversees the development and implementation of test processes, practice and standards for support of new IT services.
• Performs routine quality audits of IT service personnel to ensure processes, practices and standards are adhered to.
• Develops work instructions and training materials to teach key managers how to perform routine quality audits.
• Trains and assists key managers to perform routine quality audits of IT service personnel.
• Train and mentor key personnel on processes and technology for Quality Assurance and Testing
• Reports results of routine quality audits to managers and, when necessary, helps managers to analyze and correct quality/compliance problems through process improvement, employee re-certification, employee performance improvement plans or other methods deemed feasible to improve quality/compliance.
• Develops and implements short and long-term tactical quality plans to address high-risk quality issues as they become visible
• Works with management to develop and continually improve the quality program and to improve the overall quality of employee performance.
• Identifies appropriate testing tools/materials and manages their procurement and implementation.
• Conducts lessons learned from major IT initiatives
• Partners with the team to assess severity of & identify solutions for sub-standard work performance or processes
• Assists key personnel to identify performance gaps that may cause quality issues in the future"
Required Clearance: Secret
"Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in business or related program field.
Experience Requirements: Five (5) years of Enterprise IT Operations experience, Three (3) years with quality or CSI experience"
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
• Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
• Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
• Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
• May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
• Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
• May require operating motor vehicles.
• Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
• It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
• You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
• You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
• Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.