Warrington, United Kingdom
Warrington, United Kingdom
Skills: CAD / CAM, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
United Kingdom - Cheshire, Warrington
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our Nuclear Power & Decommissioning Team in Warrington, we are looking to increase our technical workforce and are seeking to recruit a Lead Technician.
This is an exciting time for the Nuclear Power & Decommissioning team in Warrington, with an interesting and expanding pipeline of both international and UK based projects.
- Performs a variety of tasks in support of the engineering staff.
- Activities may include assisting with engineering calculations, setting up and operating equipment, inspecting equipment and engineering installations for compliance with specifications and maintaining project documentation.
- General understanding of procedures, company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Viewed as competent in all areas. Highest non-supervisory position.
- May oversee work of junior-level technicians. Viewed as competent in all areas.
The candidate that we are looking to recruit should have substantial similar experience, ideally within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles reliant upon pragmatic design judgement and where draughting was the major part of the role.
The successful Lead Technician candidate will ideally have/be:
- Competent in the use of Revit and one or more of the following drawing platforms Autocad, Civil 3D, CADS RC, Tekla and willing to engage with new drawing platform technologies.
- Competent in the ability to prepare drawings in a wide variety of construction materials including Concrete (including reinforcement Detailing), Steelwork and Masonry, with minimal supervision or competent in a particular material and considered to be a specialist with that material.
- Be able to produce work in a consistent manner in accordance with nuclear processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and procedures associated with preparing drawings (Familiarisation with American detailing requirements is desired but not essential).
- Be able to demonstrate leadership of a draughting team and the mentorship of junior members of technician resources.
- Be able to demonstrate the checking and verification of drawings within a regulated and assured quality management system.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Full UK driving license or equivalent that permits driving in the UK.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- HNC/Higher TEC Diploma Qualifications Academic Educated to HNC level General Education Qualifications.
- GCSE including Maths, English and a Science based subject.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Structural
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241471BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.