The Electrical Engineer II will be responsible for all aspects of design and grid connection of rooftop and ground-mounted solar PV installations for ENGIE North America (ENA). Your work will be provided to installation contractors, interconnecting utilities, permitting authorities, clients, and building owners to serve as the complete design of the solar PV systems. In this role, you will collaborate with the Project Development and Project Management teams who will request your support to develop, design, and optimize the projects.
What you'll do:
- Evaluates existing facilities and building electrical systems including distribution equipment, premises wiring, and utility supply infrastructure to inform PV System Design
- Designs PV system electrical components including selecting system equipment, performing electrical calculations, and determining interconnection with utility and/or existing facility electrical system
- Assembles system drawing sets in AutoCAD for purposes of bidding, permitting, and construction in accordance with ENA's design standards and methodology
- Prepares Bill of Materials for projects to include equipment from system design
- Coordinates with local jurisdictions and utilities to confirm compliance with applicable codes and to secure necessary permit and interconnection approval
- Documents completed installations for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and maintenance
- Regularly travels to perform site surveys throughout the USA which will include working at heights, roof inspection, and working in proximity to AC and DC electrical components to inspect a building's roof, structure, and electrical system
- Remains up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and relevant standards development
- Oversees and reviews the work of junior team members
What you bring:
- Pursuing Electrical Power Systems P.E. license
- BS Electrical Engineering degree or related technical degree
- 3 years' experience in a similar position, designing electrical systems and producing construction drawing sets and documentation including wire sizing, protection system coordination, grounding systems, relay schematic and settings design, equipment specification, etc.
- Strong familiarity with National Electric Code and other design codes
- Proficiency in design tools such as AutoCAD is required
- Proficiency in protective relaying (SEL) and data acquisition programming and design is highly desired
- Knowledge of specifying and sourcing electrical equipment for low voltage (up to 600V) and medium voltage (up to 34.5kV) applications
- Strong negotiation skills, takes ownership of projects and ability to lead project design
- Mentor less experienced engineers and share engineering knowledge
- Provide construction support to ongoing projects by answering contractor RFI's, reviewing product submittals and resolving field construction issues
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Travel required (up to 25%)
- Physically able to climb a ladder in excess of 30 feet and work at elevation on roof for extended periods of time in hot or cold weather conditions.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 28, 2020