Skills: Electrical Engineering, Field Service Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Lead Field Engineer to join the team in Pune, India.
- Participate as a Service Team member dedicated to Safety metrics
- Pre-outage and installation planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
- Lead execution of retrofit projects, including: Excitation systems (EX2100 EX2100e, LS2100, LS2100e and HMI products), Generator Protection Systems (GPP), and Power System Stabilization systems
- Execute project management and technical leader duties. Support warranty administration and troubleshooting issues
- Able to travel extensively and work significant over-time.
- Complete service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements timely.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Support the business growth initiatives
- Trace through the software documentation
- Implement control constant modifications
- Reading and modifying software sequencing
- Set up and modify the hardware and software associated with the Gas/Steam Turbine Excitation / LCI system
- Implement excitation control system software changes
- Work on Controls integration and HMI upgrade scope
- Work with both analog and digital controls including logic
- Provide Technical Direction for wiring install and terminate, complete functionality checks, and troubleshooting the turbine excitation / LCI system. Perform start-up/shut-down sequencing and turbine/generator operation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Electrical Field Engineering, Field Service and Technical Advising.
- Experience in cost control, quality control - preservation, protection, security, or safekeeping of turbine modules, office trailers, tool trailers/gang boxes, cranes, and accessories, spare parts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.