Skills: Logistics Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Saudi Arabia
Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
This position is responsible for collaborating with internal customers including Operations and Engineering, as well as the suppliers to ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing Contract pricing, delivery, quality and proper documentation needed for certification of equipment and services including the following:
Obtains quotations, prepares and issues purchase orders for materials, supplies, and equipment including special and unusual items. Reviews quotations for completeness and accuracy. Performs diversified duties requiring considerable judgment and decision making to analyze requirements and proposals.
- Identify new suppliers for evaluation and qualification, analyze quotations and negotiate PO terms and conditions.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- A High School diploma is required; college degree is preferred.
- Should have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel. Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
Initiating & Driving Change
- Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change
- Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions
- Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation
- Drives step changes in how the company operates
- Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change
- Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market
- Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines
- Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives
- Understands and supports the need for change
- Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process
- Provides direction and focus during the change process
- Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization
- Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process
- Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
- Very bottom-line oriented
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles
- Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties
- Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks
- Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time
- Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance
- Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact
- Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Blends people into teams when they are needed
- Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
- Shares wins and successes
- Fosters open dialogue
- Lets people finish and be responsible for their work
- Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment
- Defines success in terms of the whole team
- Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Values the contributions of all team members
- Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members
- Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services
- Acts with customer in mind
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships
- Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.