Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Bureau Veritas, Industries and Facilities division seeks to hire motivated ICC certified Plan Reviewers for Full Time and Part Time/As Needed positions in the DFW region. Plan Reviewers with experience strongly are preferred. Our Plan Reviewers perform a full range of plan reviews and evaluations of residential and commercial buildings. Also structures which may include complex structural and non-structural components, including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection systems for compliance with the appropriate codes, other applicable regulations, and approved plans and specifications.
- Plan Review Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Provide complete non-structural plan reviews of commercial, industrial and residential buildings for compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- May provide majority of the structural plan reviews of wood framed commercial, industrial, and residential buildings for compliance with applicable codes and standards and engineering principals.
- Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, contractors or co-workers. May be assigned to provide basic plan reviews directly for jurisdictions, where the scope of work may include calculating construction valuations and permit fees, processing building permits, and reviewing contractors licensing, business licensing and owner/builder verifications (i.e. basic permit technician skills may be required).
- Prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into various computer software programs.
- Explain and answer client questions regarding generated plan review letters.
- May interact directly with clients and their staff.
- Current ICC Plans Examiner certification preferred, or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Working knowledge of the ICC and applicable local codes
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Must be a team player and able to work well with clients and co-workers
- Must possess problem solving skills
- Prior Building Department plan review experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of office computer software - Microsoft Word, Excel, etc
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.