Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.HoustonTexas
Responsible for the ordering of materials and services in conjunction with MRO, Laboratory Supplies, IT, in addition to miscellaneous projects assigned by Supervisor.
This position will collaborate with operational functions to ensure procured goods are efficiently leveraged within the organization. This position also assists in processes to choose suppliers, negotiate prices, and contracts and interacts with internal and external customers to facilitate & complete requests.
Additional duties include managing inventory, tracking orders, resolving issues concerning price disputes, and making bids for goods and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advises internal customers of the appropriate choices of standard options.
- Places orders and monitors and controls units in the field.
- Follows up on orders to ensure that shipments are delivered on promised dates.
- Manages and maintains all program inventory reports on a monthly basis as needed.
- Coordinate and provide oversight of contract compliance and vendor performance
- Performs related job duties required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Experience in a Laboratory, Operational or dynamic environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Basic knowledge of supply chain management
- Close attention to detail is essential and critical
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient and comfortable with personal computer navigation and operation
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management or similar field preferred
- CPSM or APICS Certification(s) Preferred
- JD Edwards Sourcing Experience Preferred but not required
- 3 years or more of progressively responsible professional experience in procurement of technical materials, equipment and/or services and performing cost benefit and/or value engineering/consumption reduction analysis are required.
Ability to read, interpret and implement safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers and/or employees. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees within the company is essential.
Capable of performing all calculations required for the management and operations of the inspection business. Able to perform all pertinent operational calculations. Able to read, understand and analyze monthly invoices and reporting.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to complex situations and able to prepare and/or follow instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized as well non-standardized situations and determine the appropriate course of action.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.