Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Secretarial or Administrative, Machinist
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Owings MillsMaryland
WE are looking for YOU if...
... you have experience in Business-to-Business Collections, gain satisfaction and fulfillment from billing research and problem solving, and have the desire to work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders.
YOU are looking for US if...
... you are looking for an opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative team that emphasizes respect, honesty, and accountability. You are looking for us if you want to enter an environment that fosters personal and professional growth with limitless possibilities for development and advancement. You are looking for us if you enjoy a fast-paced, work-hard play-hard environment working with industry experts who are also awesome people!
We are committed to providing our employees a flexible work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. At BUREAU VERITAS, we are honest & caring-above all, crazy accountable, passionate for excellence, seriously working & playfully living! Here, we grow! If this sounds like you, join the BUREAU VERITAS team!
You will be primarilyresponsible for...
The Collections Specialist is responsible for supporting Burau Veritas' sales and accounting teams to manage our clients' outstanding accounts, to include resolving customer billing discrepancies and reducing accounts receivable delinquencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND CORE COMPETENCIES include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Daily collections-related duties include:
- Make regular collections calls and emails, document notes and estimated payment dates in Collection reporting tool in accordance with collection process guidelines
- Analyze client accounts and payment profiles to minimize past due balances
- Develop relationships with clients and internal team members, and communicate frequently regarding billing and payment concerns
- Generate client statements and collection letters
- Update account status with roadblocks and collection lead through escalation process
- Report on progress and status
- Client accountreconciliations
- Research and propose application of unidentified cash receipts
- Prepare check requests for refund of client overpayments
- Other core competencies and skills include:
- Issue resolution
- Learn A/R functions within accounting software
- Participates in KPI and goal development
- Fulfilled by meeting KPI's and collection goals
- Communicates priorities, challenges, obstacles andopportunities regularly with your team
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates our company's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of our company's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- This position will report to the Collections Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience :
- Associate degree in Accounting or minimum 2 years' experience working in the accounting field, with a collection focus, is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of any ERP or CRM system recording financial transactions
- Must be able to pass a short Microsoft Word and Excel test at time of interview
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Team player with high initiative and process improvement driven
- Self-starter able to work independently, anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- Passion for personal and professional growth for yourself, your team and the firm
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO/AAE: Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.