Learn morePosition Specific Description
This position will be an integral part of our Transport Network team, which maintains the enterprise transport network infrastructure that supports NextEra Energy and its subsidiaries - Florida Power & Light (FPL), Gulf Power (GP) and Nextera Energy Resources (NEER).
If you have experience managing large scale MPLS networks, carrier grade optical networks, understand network standards and topologies, and enjoy being both technically involved and leading teams of network engineers in large scale critical projects, you may be the perfect fit for our team.
The position reports directly to the IT Director of Network Engineering and Operations with opportunities to work from any of our offices in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach for the right candidate. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for the all aspects of our transport networks including network planning, budget, engineering design, implementation, migration and reliability management. It will lead a team of Senior and Principal level IP/MPLS network and optical engineers who work to ensure that our network related projects are delivered on time and within budget and meet or exceed the requirements of our internal customers. In addition, the role helps to ensure that critical networks are running optimally with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Direct management of a team of network optical and transport engineers, with responsibility for implementation oversight of large scale IP/MPLS and fiber optical transport projects.
- Ability to understand utility-scale projects and leverage cutting edge technologies such as MPLS, DWDM, 5G, Private-LTE and SmartCity IoT to implement, scale, support and monetize technology investments.
- Work directly with FPL IT business unit network engineers and application developers to understand virtual network requirements and complete low level IP/MPLS designs to meet business requirements in terms of size, scale, security and performance.
- Responsible for direct oversight of the implementation of the IP/MPLS design with a combination of internal network engineers and vendor resources.
- Responsible for vendor relationship management and technical escalations with OEM and colocation providers.
- Work directly with FPL Infrastructure Operations Center to build the operational monitoring required to ensure that IP/MPLS and optical network components are properly documented, monitored and meet rigourous availability standards required.
- Ensure that all network changes are reviewed and approved prior to moving into production and that as-built design documentation for all new projects and network engineering efforts are accurate and up to date as our network evolves to meet our business needs.
- Understand advances and changes in the technology industry, which may increase availability, reliability, business agility or reduce our operating costs.
- Maintain the security of network infrastructure and compliance with all applicable industry and security standards (NERC CIP, PCI, SOX etc.)
- Direct responsibility for capital and O&M budget management and monthly forecasting.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other advanced science or engineering field
- Experience - 10+ years of relevant industry experience with large enterprise or carrier network IP/MPLS implementations & an in-depth knowledge of current network & security practices and experience working with colocation providers.
- Certification - Nokia Network Routing Specialist I (NRS I), Nokia Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II), Nokia Service Routing Architect (SRA), Cisco CCDP or CCIE or equivalent work experience, Six Sigma
- Other - Experience with Nokia 7750, 7705, Cisco 7000, 5000
This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and manages the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision, and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the company's goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-SE1Nearest Major Market: