Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit, Risk Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Qatar
Oil and Gas Operator
Primary purpose of job:
- Provide independent and objective assurance to the Board Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the company governance, risk management and control practices over operations and projects through a structured program of risk based internal audits. The assurance is provided by managing risk-based audits
- Operations and project management activities and business processes.
- Support functions including Human Capital, Finance & Strategy, Legal, Business Support Services (HSE, Business Services, Information Technology, and Industrial Cities) and CEO's Office.
- Upstream and downstream subsidiaries, Joint Ventures and PSAs.
Experience & Skills:
- Has a minimum of 15 years industry experience including at least 5 in a middle management role in internal audit.
- Has in depth understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry with strong analytical skills required to identify and to resolve key business control and compliance issues
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required to successfully engage auditee management in discussions on key issues and the need for change
- Internal Audit professional with experience and expertise in corporate governance, risk management and business control practices preferably from major international oil companies Ability to manage/cope with changes in technology and a good understanding of data analytics
- Has a university degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Post graduate professional qualifications or membership of a relevant professional body is preferred
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.