Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Rope Access Technician
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The Rope Access Technician will support the Industry Services business by working with engineers located in Broussard, Louisiana for various offshore facilities in the Gulf of Mexico, with some land based work as well.
We are seeking Technicians with Level I, II, or III certification, with extensive NDE experience. Reliable transportation to this office is a must.
- Perform various nondestructive examinations at various client facilities under the direction of a Project Manager, Team Leader, or independently.
- Maintain climbing logbook per SPRAT/IRATA guidelines.
- Prepare NDE reports and document data in a clear and timely manner.
- Interface with clients on technical matters involving Rope Access and NDE procedures and capabilities.
- Provide a professional appearance when interfacing with clients and other coworkers.
- Stay abreast of any new developments in NDE and Rope Access technologies that may be applicable in our business.
- Current SPRAT/IRATA Certification (Level I, II, or III).
- ASNT Level II certification in RT (profile); UT-Thickness.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Able to pass physical exam.
- A mindset of safety first.
- Must be able to apply examination criteria in accordance with applicable standards/specifications/procedures on the provided job scopes, and evaluate test results.
- Maintain open lines of communication with coworkers, clients, and subcontractors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to provide clear and technical guidance to other technicians and subcontractors.
- Ability to organize and report test results, and send information to office for data processing.
- Ability to solve technical issues in the field.
- Follow technology advancements in the NDE/Rope Access industries, and provide recommendations to the managers.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, and more.