Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Other Skills: Journeyman
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Electrical Commissioning Technician
The Electrical Commissioning Technician will be responsible for the commissioning of all the electrical equipment and processes on site, providing technical direction across the process, monitoring and reporting to the Project Manager on site.
The work will involve liaising with the Commissioning Team to ensure that contract deadlines are met and that the work is carried out correctly the first time, to the client's satisfaction, on time and within budget and in accordance with contractual requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with Electrical Technicians and other discipline personnel.
- Ensure that all work is executed in accordance with client's HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Complete field level risk assessments.
- Be conversant with Permit to Work and Isolation / lock out procedures.
- Understand and be familiar with Single Line Diagrams, Block Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and Schematic Diagrams.
- Be familiar with ATEX and Hazardous Area equipment.
- Carry out isolations / de-isolations on electrical equipment as an Authorized Electrical Person (AEP) as approved by Responsible Electrical Person (REP).
- Attend daily safety meetings to ensure full understanding of work scope and requirements.
- Understand completion acceptance procedures as per client's requirements.
- Carry out Function Testing of electrical equipment together with completion of documentation.
- Ensure latest drawings / documentation are available onsite to complete activities as per project requirements and schedule.
- Carry out commissioning systems ensuring completion of Commissioning Procedures and all associated check sheets.
- Communicate design discrepancies and design issues to the Commissioning Operations Manager and the Site Project Manager.
- Perform system walk downs; punch listing of faulty or missing items and rectification of those items.
- Verification of As-Commissioned and Red Line As-Built documents together with agreed Punch List items.
- Safely perform commissioning, testing, troubleshooting and diagnose faults on the following:
- Low voltage distribution systems.
- Low voltage switchgear and MCCs.
- Low voltage VFDs motors and other loads.
- Lighting and small power uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems.
- Heat tracing systems.
- Fire and gas systems.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and/or co-workers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Accounting Software (QuickBooks); Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation Software (PowerPoint).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid journeyman Electrician certificate/license - preferred.
- Minimum 3 years prior site commissioning experience directly performing electrical commissioning and pre-commissioning work in the oil and gas industry.
- Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record.
- Exceptional electrical aptitude and trouble shooting skills.
- Must be able to use a variety of electrical testing equipment and tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Experience on low voltage distribution equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, creative and proactive with willingness and ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse team environment.
- Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule as required.
Travel Requirements: Yes, and work may require overnight travel.
Working Conditions: Work may require availability during weekends and evenings.