Skills: Fitter / Turner, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A Welder is responsible for meeting company demands and completing work orders in a timely manner installing, repairing and fabricating materials out of metal ensuring availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety and resolving immediate safety concerns. They should also be aware of deadlines, project specifications and respecting safety and quality procedures and standards.
Welders should possess relevant welding experience and oil and gas construction experience and meet all minimum required training set forth by Quality Construction & Production, LLC.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fused metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shield metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding
- Monitor the fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of material
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment
- Lay-out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers
- Other various duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, ISO's and models.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand and comprehend information, asking questions when appropriate
- Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself and/or other individuals to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm/hand in one position
- Ability to see details at close range
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or vehicle to exact positions
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Able to operate material handling equipment including forklifts and cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Trained in pertinent State and Federal regulations
- Trained in Quality Construction & Production's policies and procedures as outlined in the new hire orientation
- Must be able to successfully complete welding examination to applicable welding procedure.
Position may require frequent travel aboard helicopters and/or boats in the Gulf of Mexico. Physical demands of this position include: frequent heavy lifting (to 50lbs), frequent climbing, standing, stooping and/or bending, two-handed simultaneous operations, and good hand-eye coordination. Environmental demands include: outside operations aboard oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico with exposure to rain, sleet, snow, wind, humidity, cold and heat.