Skills: Civil Construction, Rigging / Scaffolding, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
SCAFFOLD BUILDER: OVERVIEW:
Scaffold Builders are responsible for repairs and new installations, erection modification, and dismantling of temporary structures for construction/fabrication requirements. The purpose of a working scaffold is to provide a safe place of work with safe access suitable for the work being done. Scaffold builders have to design and construct these temporary platforms.
Scaffold Builders should possess relevant work experience and oil and gas construction experience and meet all minimum required training set forth by Quality Construction & Production, LLC.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or ruler to lay out work;
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine;
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil or scriber;
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed;
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails or screws;
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers;
- Bore bolt holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill;
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule and level;
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair;
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts and bolts;
- Other various duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance;
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, ISO's and models.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand and comprehend information, asking questions when appropriate;
- Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself and/or other individuals to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm/hand in one position;
- Ability to see details at close range;
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or vehicle to exact positions;
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects;
- Able to operate material handling equipment including forklifts and cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Trained in pertinent State and Federal regulations;
- Trained in Quality Construction & Production's policies and procedures as outlined in the new hire orientation.
Position may require frequent travel aboard helicopters and/or boats in the Gulf of Mexico. Physical demands of this position include: frequent heavy lifting (to 50lbs), frequent climbing, standing, stooping and/or bending, two-handed simultaneous operations, and good hand-eye coordination. Environmental demands include: outside operations aboard oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico with exposure to rain, sleet, snow, wind, humidity, cold and heat.