Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The activities/job responsibilities of the Construction Superintendent are significant in accident prevention. If accidents are to be prevented, employees must be properly trained in safety methods. Personnel equipment and work environment must be inspected regularly for unsafe conditions. Any and all accidents must be investigated to determine causes and corrective action.
The Construction Superintendent has direct contact with their employees and work areas. He/she has the opportunity and obligation to train, mentor, guide, and influence their employees to work efficiently and safely. Responsible for the safety of all regular and temporary personnel assigned to his/her supervision. A Construction Superintendent plays a key role in accident prevention. Construction Superintendent whose main duty will be to organize, coordinate and supervise works on site in order to ensure good performance, minimize costs and meet established deadlines, project specifications and respecting safety and quality procedures and standards.
Construction Superintendent should possess several years of oil and gas construction experience and meet all minimum required training set forth by Quality Construction & Production, LLC.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction workers
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities
- Order or requisition materials or supplies
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures of equipment, using measuring and marking equipment
- Record information such as personnel, production or operational data on specific jobs
- Other various duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Familiar with pertinent State and Federal Regulations
- Familiar with safety codes and safe job procedures that apply to oil and gas construction operations
- Familiar with Quality Construction & Production's safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of projects
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs and other techniques for maximizing construction and fabrication.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself and other individuals to make improvements or take corrective action
- Operate basic computer programs including but not limited to: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain production reports, records and files
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Capable of training other construction personnel in construction/fabrication requirements
- Able to direct the efforts of other personnel to provide efficient construction/fabrication materials
- Able to communicate effectively with peers, engineers, and management as well as with persons under his supervision
- Understands construction equipment and capable of reviewing purchase order for technical quality
- Capable of insuring that quality paperwork is being generated in his area of supervision.
- Trained in pertinent State and Federal regulations
- Trained in Quality Construction & Production's policies and procedures as outlined in the new hire orientation.
- 3-5 years' experience as a Construction Superintendent
Position may require frequent travel aboard helicopters and/or boats in the Gulf of Mexico. Physical demands of this position include: frequent heavy lifting (to 50bs), frequent climbing, standing, stooping and/or bending, two-handed simultaneous operations, and good hand-eye coordination. Environmental demands include: outside operations aboard oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico with exposure to rain, sleet, snow, wind, humidity, cold and heat.