Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Leadership and management of around 100 craft and support personnel
• Overall responsibility for the management and delivery of projects and tasks across the DDP Contract Framework.
• Progressing a multi-disciplined approach with the appropriate resources including interface with the business supporting functions of estimating, project controls, commercial, EHS&Q and business development.
• Development with the client and JV partners the project and portfolio strategies for delivery in line with the Framework condition and expectations.
• Ensuring delivery meets the company and client requirements
• Engagement with stakeholders and clients to determine and develop the appropriate measures are implemented in the delivery methodologies
• Identification of improvements and drive forward initiatives to enhance the aims of the business and project performance to ensure the maximising of benefit and value-added outcomes.
• Driving project performance in line with financial forecast and reporting project performance indicators as required. Development and implementation of recovery plans as appropriate.
• Upward reporting and communication of project matters and any implications from other sources.
• Ensuring the capture and embedding of LFE into project /task delivery
- Sellafield site experience at least 10 years.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in Engneering/Construction.
- Construction Management qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in working within restricted buildings on the Sellafield site.
- Knowledge and Experience with Management of Contractors in a Nuclear Environment.
- Experience of NEC 3 Contracting.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Nuclear industry
- Availability of full-time presence on site
- Highly skilled in managing large teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of NAECI and CIJC Documentation.
- ISOH Managing Safely Qualified.
- Project Management Qualifications.
- CEMAR Experience.
Our Culture (standard Txt, must be included)
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'Beyond Zero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs, you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.