Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance, Catering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Maidstone , United Kingdom
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Food Safety Consultant
Location: Field Based (London/ South East)
We are looking for an experienced consultant to join us in delivering best in class services to our clients in the food sector, primarily providing services to a leading contract food catering organisation.
The role will undertake food safety and health and safety related activities including supporting site inspections, food and H&S audits, food complaint investigations, risk assessments, incident investigations and providing technical support and advice. You will also be involved in supporting overall service delivery, providing high levels of customer service and supporting and maintaining an established integrated management system for Food Safety, H&S, Environment, Energy and Quality.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
- To undertake a variety of site audits, risk assessments and inspections proficiently at clients' premises
- Write risk assessments, safe system of work, client specific policies, reports, work instructions, risk assessments and method statements where necessary for a wide range of Food Safety and Health and Safety matters.
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis.
- Investigate and produce reports/response letters for incident events including food complaints, allergic reactions and accidents (including RIDDOR level incidents)
- Deliver professional and competent health and safety and food safety advice to clients.
- Participate in the out of hour's on-call rota to provide technical advice and take action as required
- Liaise with project managers and account managers in relation to work under their control.
- Present and discuss reports with the client, including providing direct support to client senior management.
- Support responses to client work requests and proposals.
- Be responsible for managing small contracts/projects within division as directed by the line manager/Project Manager.
- Execute and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Working closely with the centralised planning team to ensure work is being effectively scheduled and carried out.
- Minimum of Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering, Level 2 Foundation Certificate in HACCP and Level 3 Intermediate Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience overseeing Food Safety and Health and Safety in the Contract Catering and Corporate Office environment
- Previous experience ensuring compliance to Food Safety and Health & Safety Legislative requirements, including site inspections and auditing
- Ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Experience with Food Safety Investigations and Complaints
- Accident and incident investigations and reports
- Familiar operating under an established Food Safety and Health & Safety Management System
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Customer/service delivery focus
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.