Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nationwide, United Kingdom
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Technical Manager - Food Services
We are looking for a Technical Manager to join our growing health and safety services team and help set up and build our Food Services offering.
The role will manage the technical support requests of key contracts, support the business development team in technical matters relating to new client opportunities, support account management teams on key accounts and liaise and support BV in Europe and globally on the delivery of overseas projects.
You will also be involved in supporting the development and deployment of new services.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build, implement and maintain procedures and processes in relation to delivery to food service clients
- Technical Management and Support to project managers and key stakeholders
- Support with delivery of Business 5 year strategic plan for the Sector
- To support project teams with international work and engagement with BV network
- To monitor and proactively manage external KPIs
- Proactive identification of areas of improvement, areas of deviation and areas of best practice in compliance
- To monitor, mentor and audit inspectors to ensure consistency of approach
- To manage technical training and to provide ongoing coaching to maintain and drive improvement
- Develop a skill management programme with clear roles and requirements for all practices
- To attend food Europe committee calls an share best practice
- To support business development team from technical perspective for client meetings/new opportunities
- To work with other BV teams to offer solutions across the skill sets to deliver client requirements
- Strong awareness in changes in food and related legislation in food service and to communicate such changes
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
Candidate requirements include:
- EHO degree level qualification
- HACCP Training
- Level 4 or equivalent in Food Hygiene
- Project Management skills
- Significant food service industry technical experience
- Client focused
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional and highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of H & S and Food Safety requirements in the QSR/Food retail/catering sector
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.