ENGIE's The Lead Project Manager (LPM) is a supervisory position within the Operations Team reporting structure. The Lead Project Manager may be assigned as the primary manager of all phases of an energy project, with the objective of a successful completion on time, and within budget, while maintaining quality, safety, and cash management standards and producing strong customer references. Additionally, the LPM may have up to five direct reports for whom they will have responsibility for mentoring, training, and managing productivity and work assignment. The LPM may interact with his or her manager weekly to receive guidance and feedback.
What you'll do:
- Perform energy analysis or review analysis performed by others for all project scopes .
- Primarily responsible, with limited assistance from their Manager, for establishing the cost budget for each project .
- Establish a schedule with adequate milestones for regular progress measurement .
- Establish project resource and expense budgets .
- Work with Legal to prepare and negotiate Customer agreements .
- Establish a professional relationship with the Customer to correctly identify their objectives .
- Manage all technical aspects of the project .
- Prepare and negotiate, in conjunction with Legal, Finance, and their manager, all project contracts and change orders .
- Serve as Customer's primary contact .
- Coordinate construction pre-bid meetings and walk-throughs .
- Be familiar with all aspects of the ENGIE Employee Handbook, time reporting system, expense and travel management, and other Company systems and processes.
- Lead a team of up to five direct reports providing work assignment, mentorship, training, and directional career guidance. Works closely with their manager in this regard.
- Sets metrics and objectives for direct reports consistent with Regional and Company strategies and team financial objectives.
- Other tasks as assigned by their Manager.
- Proficient in energy analysis as well as engineering design in an energy-related discipline .
- Proficient at conducting HVAC, lighting/electrical, and controls surveys, analyzing ECM costs and savings, and completely understanding all ECM technologies being proposed .
- Scheduling & reporting skills .
- Be able to lead a multidisciplinary team .
- Demonstrated the ability to consistently deliver expected results.
- Exhibits leadership ability and has a positive impact on their team.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree , Technical or Engineering
- 6-10 years' experience in Project Management or Lead Project Engineer
- 10+ years of directly related industry experience
- Certified Energy Manager or other industry certification
- Registered Professional Engineer or Project Management Professional
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2020