ENGIE is seeking to hire an Unassigned Plant Manager
with the location to be determined. Responsible for managing the overall operation and maintenance of the plant, ensuring safe and efficient operations of the facility, and managing plant business and budget issues with home office interface as required.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for all day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the facility and for achieving company and group activities.
- Manages all areas of responsibility consistent with: federal, state, and local regulations and environmental requirements; company policies and procedures; company's annual operations plan; legal and contractual requirements; and good utility practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and economical manner
- Works closely with the Engie Safety Manager to implement risk-based programs
- Sets objectives for his/her team; manages site personnel in the proper performance of assigned duties and maintains a record of their performance
- Maintains good relations with suppliers, customers, vendors, service providers, governmental authorities, and contractors.
- Prepares annual operating plans, budgets and controls for operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and approval for variances including site outages (complaint with dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate facility operation and scheduled maintenance.
- Monitors budget variances on a regular basis and prepares/monitors long term budget forecasts. Provides monthly variances reports on a timely manner.
What you bring:
- Engineering BS Degree a plus with ten (10) years' experience in a related industry; and/or a technical diploma /associates degree and fifteen (15) years' experience in a related industry. Must demonstrate a strong technical and managerial capability,
- Five (5) years previous experience in supervision of technical, operating or maintenance personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of power generating equipment and technologies including boilers, chillers, pumps, compressors.
- Must be able to certify, as required to state and federal agencies, compliance with permits and regulations as the authorized agent for the company.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2020