ENGIE has an immediate opening for an Electrical/Controls Engineer
located in Iowa City, IA
. This position will be responsible to develop, implement, and maintain industrial/utility controls systems to ensure corporate objectives of operational efficiency and reliability are met within utility plants. Position will primarily serve the UI Power Plant but may also provide support to the Water Plant, Chilled Water Plant, and electrical distribution systems. Work with field technicians to implement programming and/or repair of control systems. Provide review and input to design and construction plans for upgrades or expansions to ensure seamless integration of controls. Facilitate transfer of reliable data to the PI data analytics platform.
What you'll do:
- Develop controls masterplans to continuously improve and upgrade equipment with technology changes
- Develop, and review approved specifications, drawings, and technical documents for controls projects
- Write control sequence of operations to meet engineering designed specifications
- Specify control system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Write programs and develop graphics for industrial/utility systems to meet engineering designed specifications
- Research, evaluate, and design controls system and processes to meet requirements for facility specifications, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide technical assistance to field technicians regarding project specific equipment and materials
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required
- Keep supervisor informed on the status and progress of assigned projects and of any changes Face to face communication on a regular basis with co-workers on project teams and update supervisors on any ongoing concerns or issues.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs and climb ladders in a hot/cold industrial environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a combination of relevant education and field experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience with industrial/utility control systems
- Experience with Allen Bradley FTView and/or GE Cimplicity controls systems
- Experience with ABB Infi 90 controls systems
- Experience with solid fuel boiler theory and operationExperience with steam turbine generator theory and operation
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of operating technicians, peers, contractors, and design professionals
- Proficient in ladder logic and functional logic diagrams
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and applications
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2020