Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Littleton, Massachusetts, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Project Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction using the services provided by the company. The Project Manager shall efficiently coordinate internal procedures and third party processes for flawless execution of projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactive communication with customers throughout projects to meet their expectations. This includes but is not limited to
- Being single point of contact for clients
- Contact clients to gather any missing information/documentation
- Creating and updating project status
- Communicating status reports to clients
- Provide final certification notifications to clients
- PM ensures that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget. This includes but is not limited to
- Planning internal processes
- Planning any needed subcontracts to ensure meeting project target date and mile stones
- Generate invoices
- Take ownership of projects and responsibilities to maximize both company and personal potential
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, or requested, to complete customer projects
- Stay updated with industry and technology trends, as well as technical requirements
- Determine ways to enhance efficiency
- Track all project status and provide management reports in a timely manner
- Prepare test reports to be reviewed and signed by test consultant
- Follow the company internal quality system and adhere to Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services QHSE requirements
- Fully comply with the requirements of the Bureau Veritas Code of Ethics
- PM measures project performance, and reports and escalates to management as needed
- Active involvement in industry groups is expected and may require limited travel
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other languages a plus
- Working experience as a PM in the wireless and telecommunication industry or electrical product safety
- Organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Technical background with understanding of wireless technologies, related committees and interest groups are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with evolving technologies and standards
- Good team player and able to work under pressure
Education & Experience:
- 3 years' experience in related customer service or significant work experience in project management
- BA or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, or a closely related field
- PMP Certification a plus
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.