United States of America - Texas, AustinJob SummaryAECOM
is looking for a Construction Scheduler based in our Austin, TX to support our scheduling needs in various projects in Texas. The candidate must thrive in a team environment and work collaboratively with the PMO teams, Architects, Engineers, Interior Designers, Contractors and Consultants.
This position is expected to begin in November 2020.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients' interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides analysis of schedule data to identify key project issues.
- Supports the development of plans and schedules for proposals.
- May assist in leading junior staff through assignment tasks.
- Assists in tracking corrective actions.
- Assists in coordination of schedule input from all parts of the organization.
- Able to identify and assist in analysis of project schedule variances. Identifies and analyzes schedule variances and recommends associated corrective action.
- Updates and produces scheduling management reports.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of WBS and helps insure that project coding is effectively used for all cornerstone applications.
- Able to use drawings and specifications for schedule development.
- Expert ability to develop CPM schedule logic for engineering, procurement and construction as well as command of cornerstone scheduling system.
- Able to resource load schedule and perform remedial schedule risk analysis.
- Responsible for assembling data for schedule updating.
- Familiar with construction contracting and the scheduling implications of contract terms.
- Measures progress and reviews invoices of contractors.
- Reviews purchase orders and subcontract schedule status and provides management with input on subcontract performance.
- Knowledgeable of scope control and change management and has demonstrated ability to incorporate directed changes into schedule baseline. Knowledgeable in earned value methodology.
- Assumes responsibility for some elements of baseline schedule and associated maintenance.
- Familiar with basic cost analysis and forecasting as it relates to planning and scheduling.
- Conducts or assists in performance measurement and associated schedule trends.
- Supports various levels of project reporting.
- Participates in and at times leads project planning and scheduling review meetings.
- Assists in procedure development and implementation.
- BA/BS in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, Business or related field + 8 years if relevant or demonstrated equivalency of experience.
- Primavera 6 software experience
- Provides support in the areas of project controls, scheduling, scheduling analysis, earned value management, and construction activities in support of projects
- Prepares and updates detailed schedules for design and engineering projects, including activities for all site investigation, design phases and document submissions.
- Participates in the preparation of the various bids and proposals, by providing time schedules that reflects the timing and sequence of the scope of work stipulated in the RFP.
- Participates with various clients in determining the optimum construction durations by Preparing different constructability schedules scenarios and associated presentations.
- Reviews, comments and approves the contractors and sub-consultants Baseline schedules.
- Monitors, reviews and comments the progress schedule updates submitted by the contractors and the sub-consultants.
- Prepares and submits weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- As needed, prepares and submits short term and look-ahead schedules in various formats that meet the clients and project stakeholder's requirements.
- Reviews sub-consultants invoices and insure that items coding is matching the project cost breakdown and coding structure.
- Submits, updates, controls and follow-up on the project staffing list and work sheets to insure that the project staffs are approved by the client and the billing process is not hindered.
What We Offer
- Sponsorship for US Work Authorization is not offered with this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Construction ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.