Learn morePosition Specific Description
In this role you will be responsible for strategy, solution design, deployment planning, and operating guidelines of our core technology services such as DNS, DHCP, local and global load balancing, proxy, and reverse proxy.
We have a service oriented, customer focused perspective. In this role you will be the service owner accountable for successful delivery of these infrastructure services and successful outcomes for the business. This includes ensuring that all services are reliable, resilient, meet capacity demands, and perform at adequate levels. This includes planning from a technical and financial perspective to manage labor, services, and equipment.Responsibilities:
- Develops strategies in partnership with enterprise architects for evolving core technology services
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Guides technology investment decisions based on analysis and evaluation to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Creates deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (reusable standards, guidelines, individual parts, platforms and configurations)
- Creates and delivers working, production-ready reference implementations that can be leveraged easily by agile teams
- Lead development of technical plans for major projects such as business integrations
The position reports to the Technology Leader for IT Core Technology Services with primary work location in Juno Beach, FL or Miami, FLPreferred Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in DNS, DHCP, load balancing
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of an enterprise technology architecture
- Knowledge of information principles and processes
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Leaders in this job serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
- Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Designs and owns governance, assurance, and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-SE1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: