Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: New Mexico, US
This role is focused in Air Quality, it is not a general HES role. Candidates MUST HAVE quantified experience with Environmental Air Quality processes, techniques, equipment and testing.
HES Environmental Technician performs environmental compliance work under the direction of HES Environmental Supervisor and HES Manager. HES Technicians are responsible for conducting inspections and record keeping to verify that all equipment and processes meet Company and regulatory requirements and verify that employees are following requirements.
Field Environmental Technician HES&S
• Under direction of Env Professional, Conducts IR camera surveys for compliance with NSPS OOOOa; records IR data as required, and maintains IR equipment.
• Conducts AVO monitoring for compliance with NSPS OOOOa.
• Completes onsite follow-up in response to IR camera flyover surveys.
• Conduct Method 22 and Method 9 monitoring as required for NSPS OOOOa and New Mexico air permitting compliance.
• Conduct annual SPCC inspections including, measuring of berms and checks for location integrity. Works with operations personnel to implement necessary corrective actions.
• Populates and maintains relevant data base with results of surveys.
• Production of reports upon request from data base.
• Population of KPIs
• Supports New Mexico 811 program as necessary for compliance
• Works with Field Leadership regarding environmental compliance requirements and coaches them on their specific responsibilities.
• Assists the HES Professional in gathering data to use in air permit development and compliance including onsite equipment inventory verification as deemed necessary.
• Collects soil samples for spill clean-up activities.
• Provides onsite environmental support during construction activities.
• Provides support to employees and Asset leadership in reporting of HES&S incidents in compliance with the Event Management Standard.
• Other duties as directed by Environmental Supervisor or HES Manager.
Certified Optical Gas Imaging Thermographer (MUST)
Method 9 Visible Emission (VE) Certification PLUS
Understanding of Health, Environment and Safety as it relates to the Oil and Gas Industry.
Valid Driver's License
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or Four Year Degree Preferred.
Travel within assigned field area
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.