Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
Conduct entry-level laboratory work which includes equipment maintenance and laboratory cleanliness. Focus on learning basic theories in relation to mineral oil and petrochemical fluids laboratory testing. Assist more senior Laboratory Technicians / Chemists where required
- Carry-out activities in accordance with Laboratory and Safety Manual, Core Laboratories Safety and Environmental Manual, local standards/safety rules and other Core Laboratories/Saybolt company policies
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, including Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials and their disposal and other safety/compliance training required by applicable regulations
- Maintain the laboratory in a safe, clean and tidy manner including safe storage and disposal of samples
- Assist with setting-up, adjusting, basic maintenance (e.g. refresh fluids) and operating laboratory equipment in accordance with applicable standards and laboratory practice
- Learn basic laboratory test methods including but not limited to basic products knowledge, physical properties of products, units of measurement and theories pertaining to Pressure, Volume and Temperature laboratory testing
- Learn to report in (automated) laboratory information management system
- Minimum (technical) high school / secondary education or equivalent
- Up to 3 months experience as Laboratory Technician or related
- Good verbal and written knowledge of local language
- Ability to learn to perform advanced mathematical calculations
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, company systems)
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record (for certain locations this is not a requirement)
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.