Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, Project Engineer
Experience: 40 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Jacobs Telecom is currently hiring for the position of A&E Project Engineer at our office in Boston, MA.
Essential Job Functions:
• Attend A&E Site Walks as required to collect existing site information relevant to site design required;
• Research/review jurisdictional requirements related to site design for preparation of Zoning and/or Engineering drawings
• Ensure A&E deliverables are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline
• Serve as primary resource to A&E Manager and Senior Engineering Staff for new calculations, as well as making revisions and markups
• Self-perform CAD work, including revisions and updates
• Update necessary tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy, including third party management systems
• Assist project manager on multiple projects including but not limited to coordination of site acquisition, zoning, A&E services, permit approval, and construction
• Validate consistency of drawings against structural analysis and application, ensuring that drawings and tower owner applications match in equipment, quantity, etc.
• Upload/send deliverables to appropriate clients and internal/external databases as required
• Coordinate and expedite drawing production, coordinating with client, QC drawings, facilitate changes/revisions
• Develop drawing standards and templates for personal and department use
• Participate in and assist with preparation for meetings and conference calls, maintain communications and flow of information on assigned project
• Occasional site audits on active and non-active construction sites
• Develop and maintain accurate and complete project folders; continual monitoring of data integrity and completeness
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members, clients, vendors, and jurisdictions
• Assist w/ financial administration such as billing, PO tracking, vendor invoicing, etc.
• Assist with Sales activities for new and existing clients as required
• BS Electrical, Civil or Structural Engineering degree require
• At least 3 years of wireless telecommunications experience preferred
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, MicroStation, or similar
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) and Internet applications
• Wireless Telecom or utility/construction industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of local jurisdictions and building permit process preferred
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be a self-starter
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Good oral, written, and organizational skills
• Local Candidates (Boston, MA) preferred
• Candidate must be able to work for any US Employer without Visa sponsorship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting to 20 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and work at heights.