United States of America - Alabama, Birmingham - ALJob Summary
AECOM is hiring CEI Construction Inspectors
for immediate employment in the Huntsville, Alabama area.
AECOM is the world's premier infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from planning, design, and engineering to program and construction management. We partner with our clients in the public and private sectors to solve their most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to
- Documents the results of the inspection and communicates to the Inspector's supervisor
- Conducts field measurements to establish quantities for pay item documentation as well as other contract administration documentation
- Inspects work zones for proper traffic control setup, erosion control devices and the maintenance thereof, utility coordination, and right-of-way issue resolution
- Review drawings to prepare for the inspection. Understands the design of the construction that will be inspected
- High School Diploma
- 2 plus years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 2 plus years of experience in transportation construction inspection
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Relevant certification s(or have the ability to acquire): Concrete, asphalt, erosion control, traffic control, etc.
- Willing to work overtime and/or irregular work hours.
What We Offer
- Experience with Alabama DOT roadway/highway construction CEI Inspection.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Quality Assurance / Quality ControlsBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.