Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Skills: Estimating, Materials Management , Purchasing
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Juno Beach, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. We own two electric companies in Florida: Florida Power & Light Company, which serves more than five million customer accounts in Florida and is the largest rate-regulated electric utility in the United States; and Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 460,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida.
The Integrated Supply Chain Department is seeking a Sourcing Specialist II to join their team in our Corporate Office, Juno Beach, FL. This position is responsible for executing the sourcing process for assigned areas of spend/commodities directed towards providing contracted services and/or materials for business operations. The Sourcing Specialist prepares simple sourcing agreements containing limited changes to the company's standard terms and conditions by working with the respective Business Unit contacts as well as legal experts. In this position you will develop both negotiation skills and commercial acumen as well as a greater understanding of how NextEra Energy delivers value to their customers.
Previous sourcing, supply chain management or contract management experiences are preferred.
This position executes the sourcing process for assigned business areas and administers policies and programs directed towards providing contracted services and materials. Employees in this role prepare simple sourcing agreements containing limited changes to the company's standard terms and conditions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes the sourcing process for assigned areas
- Analyzes responses to simple bid requests, points out commercial differences, and makes succinct recommendations in selecting appropriate suppliers for contract awards
- Develops and maintains relationships with business units and suppliers, and conducts simple negotiations successfully
- Leads and/or participates on sourcing project teams
- Recommends and communicates sourcing strategy, progress, and results to supervision and ISC management
- Conducts industry analysis and evaluates supplier performance
- Provides market data to support supplier selection, qualification, and on-going performance management
- Drives down the total cost of ownership, and assists in managing the external spend
- Participates in sourcing data analysis, forecasting and planning
- Develops new sources of supply and monitors ongoing supplier performance
- Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for corporate guidelines, legal and environmental regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 2+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami