Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Audit Department Overview:
What we do : Provide worldwide assurance and advisory services, focus on enterprise and high-risk exposures, and support new businesses, system implementations and change management
Value we add : Insights and improvements to control environment, recommendations to address risk, NOJV and contractor compliance, improved stewardship over significant expenditures, strengthening of organizational capability
Services we offe r: Financial, operational and IT audits, Non-Operated Joint Venture (NOJV) and contractor audits, capital project audits, control self-assessments, acquisition and divestiture support, system implementation reviews, investigative & forensics support, fraud risk awareness
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides opportunity to help Chevron'sbusinesses and functions enhance and protect value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight
- Performs audit testing and analysis for effectiveness of operating and financial process controls across a wide variety of audit subjects.
- Applies digital skills tosynthesize and analyze large data sets to distill key findings
- After first year, will be expected to lead audits of moderate complexity and mentor assisting auditors in audit tools and techniques
- Performs advance planning for audits, identifying risks and resource needs
- Facilitates meetings with diverse clients, including senior leaders, to explain the audit process, resolve complex audit issues, and reach agreement with findings presented in the audit report.
- Compiles information and writes audit report for covered sections in professional format, requiring minimal revision. When leading, writes audit report with minimal guidance and delegates work appropriately
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Accountant, Finance or related.
- +7 years of relevant work experience in finance or accounting positions in a variety of functional sub-disciplines, such as Internal Controls and Compliance, Financial and Economic Analysis, Management and Performance Reporting, Accounting Policy and Practices, ERP Financial Systems, Budgeting and Cost Controls, Contract Management, Tax Planning, Treasury principles, or Capital Stewardship/MCP exposure
- At least 2 years of experience in Audit, industry and/or public accounting.
- Advanced level of English.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Availability to travel internationally (up to 30-40% of the time, pending to return to normal business conditions).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - able to document work logically and produce formal reporting of results
- Demonstrated ability to articulate goals, champion issues and effectively engage, mobilize and influence organizations or teams
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks to completion under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective relationships with peers, other departments and functions, and with relevant external partners and organizations
- Comfortable delivering and receiving feedback.
- Knowledge of Power BI and Power Query
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.