Other Skills: French Speaking Essential
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Canada, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
Construction Safety Program Management
Support front end planning for the upcoming Construction Projects: Risk Assessment (HAZID), Constructability review, Project HSSE Plan, Training Plan, KPIs, Assurance Plan, Periodical equipment Inspection plan, Emergency response Plan etc
Roll out of the new Construction Safety Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in the region, which includes:
- Standard Project Organization Chart
- Front End Planning of required Construction Safety resources
- Construction Safety Resources Competences Assurance Plan
- Determine Construction Project Safety Deliverables (IOGP/CSSS)
- Harmonize Hazard Management Process (Identify high risk activities and harmonize implementation of best safe practices)
- Projects' Construction Safety training plans
- Establish Site Safety Leadership Team and Site Safety Activity Plans
- Safety kick offs, conduct training as per plan
- Construction Safety Management reporting (e.g. Projects HSSE statistics, Unsafe acts and unsafe conditions (UAUC), Near Miss and Potential Incidents (NMPI))
Deliver a harmonized process for the qualification of HSSE Service Providers (Supervisor Competency Assessment) and assessment of assigned Construction Safety resources in the region. Provide continuous process support, monitor and report follow up.
Deliver a harmonized process for the HSSE qualification ("Beyond Green-banding") of the Construction Contractor in the regions. Provide continuous process support, monitor and report follow up.
Coordinate the Site CS Advisors in the Cluster and monitor their performance
Collect and consolidate data from Site Construction Safety Leads allocated throughout the Region, working in close relation with the RCSL and facilitate monthly and quarterly reporting.
Construction Safety Compliance & Assurance Program
- Execute the Site Construction Safety Reviews (LOD2) in the region and report the assessment outcome. Define the required Site Construction Safety Improvement Plans against the agreed SOP. Provide continuous site support and follow up of agreed improvement plans.
- Train local HSSE Resources to manage self-performed Site Construction Safety Reviews (LOD1). Provide continuous site support and follow up of agreed improvement plans.
Site Support Services:
Provision of adequate site services to support the company to implement the Construction Safety Improvement Program in the all terminal locations, which includes but not limited to:
- Perform general site safety surveillance overlay to ensure safe execution of construction activities.
- Supervise high risk activities identified based on Heatmap (e.g. Work at height, work in confined space, lifting & hoisting, hot works, LOTO, heavy equipment and vehicles, scaffolding, excavations).
- Support training and tutoring at site level.
- Review and advise site emergency management and rescue plans.