Skills: Chemist, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder, Western Australia, Australia
Bureau Veritas Minerals are renowned in Australia, and around the globe, for the quality and breadth of our capabilities across Geoanalytical Testing, Mineral Processing, Mineralogy and Metals & Minerals Trade.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Chemist/QC Supervisor to join our lab management team at Kalgoorlie Geoanalytical laboratory.
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations, ensuring both short-term and long term objectives are met.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Safe day to day operation of the laboratory
- Perform laboratory tests and routine procedures
- Staff management and training
- Management of lab materials and equipment including stock control
- Mandatory compliance with Bureau Veritas and regulatory Government Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure correct quality control procedures are used and adhered to
- Conduct quality reviews, identify and report quality issues, and implement the corrective and preventative actions
- Provide technical expertise to the clients
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Experience with AAS
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in working in gold laboratory
- Appropriate tertiary degree
Your career is about more than building a resume-it's a chance to leave your mark.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Salary range - $70,000 to $85,000.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.