Learn morePosition Specific Description
This position is within the corporate Environmental Services Department of NextEra Energy (NEE), supporting new development opportunities in energy generation projects for Florida Power and Light Company (FPL) and other affiliates of NEE.
Applicant must have ability to provide environmental permitting support for new development opportunities in power generation and storage projects. Primary responsibilities include supporting permitting strategy and obtaining all required federal, state, and local environmental licenses, permits, and approvals for development projects. Other project support such as siting, field assessments, and community outreach will also be required. This job will have a primary focus on renewable generation in Florida.
Applicant must have ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues and ability to lead comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for projects.
Must maintain current knowledge of pertinent national and state level environmental policies and regulations, have the ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders, and be able to assist in resolving complex environmental matters. Must help ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations, as well as company policies.
The job location is in Juno Beach, Florida. Frequent in-state travel, with the potential for overnight stays, will be required.Job Overview
Employees in this position provide environmental compliance and permitting technical support for the company Power Delivery business unit which includes transmission and distribution operations in Florida, and transmission operations in 24 states and Canada.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides environmental permitting and compliance technical support to business unit to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations
- Coordinates environmental consultants' and contractors' scopes of work
- Identifies and mitigates environmental risks
- Supports root cause analysis of environmental events
- Coordinates environmental due diligence for business unit construction and maintenance jobs
- Coordinates oversight of environmental compliance during construction
- Supports environmental permitting on business unit construction and maintenance jobs
- Translates regulations and permit conditions into meaningful instructions for business unit employees
- Provides project management support
- Communicates effectively about environmental permitting and issues
- Provides recommended solutions to environmental challenges to minimize environmental impact
- Develops environmental processes, procedures and environmental awareness training
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Power Systems, Energy