Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit, Legal
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, for the position Contractors Auditor. Successful candidates will join the BASSC Audit Team. In addition to providing Audit support, the more than 500 professionals that work at BASSC, provide expert information technology, human resources and finance and solutions to Chevron partners around the globe.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Audits of key contractors supporting Upstream, Midstream and Downstream & Chemicals businesses globally with a focus on contract compliance, billing accuracy and efficiency of spend.
- Lead co-sourced and/or outsourced auditor teams on a variety of contractor audits throughout the year, analyzing contractor compliance and related Chevron internal controls to make procedural recommendations and monetary claims for recovery.
- Act as Chevron's primary representative to conduct meetings w/ clients to explain the audit process, resolve audit findings and issues, and reach agreement with the facts presented in the audit report.
- Coordinate with other Chevron Business Units on strategies to resolve audit findings and lead efforts to recover expense claims.
- Compiles information and writes audit report for covered sections in professional format, requiring minimal revision. When leading, writes audit report with minimal guidance and delegates work appropriately
- Written communications, including audit inquiries and reports, consistently represent best efforts to achieve professional writing standards including consistency of style and tone, clarity and brevity, proper messaging, grammar, and spelling
- Provide analytical support, including preparation of performance reports, validation of data in the contractor audit tracking system and trend analyses on audit findings and expense recoveries.,
- Propose recommendations for contract language improvements which will mitigate exposures and provide future clarity on contractual provisions..
- Employ data analytics to perform contractor risk assessments to assist in identifying audit candidates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Law, Public Accountant or related.
- +7 years of relevant work experience in Finance or Procurement.
- At least 2 years of experience in Audit, industry and/or public accounting.
- Experience in Contract Management preferably related to CAPEX expenditures and Technical Services.
- Advanced level of English.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement processes, systems and controls, business value drivers and key financial risks.
- Availability to travel internationally (10-15% of the time)
- Knowledge of PowerBI
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.