Requisition ID: 231258 Requisition Posting End Date: 11/23/2020 Job Overview:
The Pile Driving Superintendent Marine and Civil is responsible for supervising and directing operations within the Marine and Civil discipline. Supervises and directs Marine and Civil contractors, subordinate supervisors and Self perform crews, as assigned. Ensures assigned construction operations and contractors' performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for safety, accident and fire prevention on the project. This includes safety orientation, preparation of safety procedures and leading Bechtel and subcontractor safety meetings.
- Inspect site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action to correct breaches.
- Coordinate safety training and enforce safe work practices at all times in conjunction with the Environmental Safety and Health Supervisor.
- Assure all rigging is done safely.
- Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy.
- Ensure that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supervising and directing contractor(s) in an Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) supervisor capacity within the civil discipline.
- Responsible for supervising and directing subordinate superintendents, craft and crew in a Self-perform supervisor capacity within the Marine & civil discipline.
- Ensure the most current design document specifying civil commodities such as concrete, steel and excavation is provided to a subcontractor to complete work, and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Monitor the activities of subordinate superintendent, craft & crew to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and optimization of craft labor and maintaining the three weeks look ahead schedule for labor and equipment.
- Interface with Labor/Industrial Relations for craft recruitment and training programs.
- Approve subcontractor workforce requirements and review work accomplished by each craft.
- Review craft time records using established automated tools.
- Review and approve major project equipment mobilization and demobilization.
- Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned Marine & civil operations.
- Coordinate with General Foreman to hire Marine & civil craft labor to execute work.
- Coordinate established area operational plans.
- Lead the preparation of the three-week schedule and budget control with assistance from Project Controls.
- Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
- Prepare material requisitions for tools and consumables and coordinate through Procurement to obtain these materials.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including a summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
- Plan the manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
- Perform employee reviews and identify training and development opportunities for subordinate civil personnel.
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Grade 26 : Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 9 years of relevant work experience, or 15 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Grade 27 : Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 13 years of relevant work experience, or 19 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Knowledge of EPCM contract Management, and the Contractor(s) and their subcontractor's (if applicable) responsibilities.
- Knowledge of construction technologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrable commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Extensiveexperience in Marine and Civil Piledriving dock and wharf construction on medium to large projects.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.